- Information that we collection
- How we use the information that we collect
- Sharing information
- Your preferences
- Contact us
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use our Services. Adults should not allow anyone under the age of 13 to use our Services.
- Information that we collect
Data you provide at registration
When you register for Services with us, we ask for certain personal information, such as your name, address, email, username, and password.
Data you provide when you purchase our products
When you purchase a product from us, we ask for certain personal information so that the purchase can be completed. This information includes your name, address, email, debit or credit card information, and other financial information that we need to process your payment.
Data we collect when you use our Services
When you use or interact with the Service, we may collect information about how the Services are accessed and used. This information may include:
- The details of how you view the products on our website;
- How you use our Services, including inactivity, engagement with the Service, the time and date of use, what items you place in the shopping cart, and page views;
- Information that you provide while using our services, including username, email, and password;
- Any content that you post using the Services, including messages you send or receive;
- Detailed location information, as you permit, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device or computer; and
- Technical data, which can include your IP address, MAC address, the types and attributes of devices you are using to access the Service, network connection type (such as WiFi or LTE), browser type, network and device performance, language used, operating system, cookie data, adblock detection, and URL information.
We may collect this information over time to provide you with advertising that is more targeted to the way you use our Services (this is known as behavioral targeting).
Data we will ask permission to collect from your mobile device
Location based information
To provide location-based services on Weatherman products, Weatherman and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or mobile device while using our Service. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Weatherman and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt-in to their location services. Some location-based services offered by Weatherman may require your personal information for some features to work or to fully function.
A cookie is a small text file that is played on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. The cookie allows website providers to recognize your device when you visit their website.
- How we use the information we collect
We use the information that you give us permission to collect in a variety of way to offer you better products and service. We may use the information we collect, including your personal information, in the following ways:
- To provide location-based services to you and our other users, such as providing information about the weather in a particular location;
- To recognize you when you return to use our Services;
- To store information about your preferences when you are using our Services, which allows us to customize our Services to your interests;
- To estimate audience size and usage patterns of our Services;
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotion purposes via email, notifications, or other messages;
- To communicate with you for Service-related purposes, including for communications about your account;
- To provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content that is specific to your location or personal information;
- To provide you with support and handle requests and inquiries;
- To enable and promote the Services and our products, either within or outside the Services;
- To process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- To allow you to participate in interactive activities on our Services;
- To ensure the Services function properly;
- To develop new products and services and to improve the Services we offer;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Weatherman has a good faith belief that its cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide the information or in a way we describe at the time you provide the information;
- Sharing information
Information that Weatherman shares
Weatherman does not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties.
We may share information, including personal information, with advertising partners to send you promotional communications about Weatherman or to show you more tailored content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with our advertisements.
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these purposes:
- To allow a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of some or all of our assets.
- To assist authorities in a criminal investigation or suspected illegal activity or to respond to legal process (such as a subpoena, court order, or government request), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so;
- To comply with requirements of applicable law;
- To defend or prosecute claims in a lawsuit in which Weatherman is involved, if Weatherman believes in good faith that such information is necessary to do so;
- To protect the safety and rights of Weatherman, its customers, and other people;
Information that you share
The Services allow users to post and share certain information. Any information that you post on our website or share with other users through our services is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. You should exercise caution and common sense when posting information, and at the very least, you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when disclosing personal information by other means.
- Your preferences
Some ways that you can limit the information that we collect or how we use it:
- Your mobile device allows you to turn off location services.
- If you do not want to allow Weatherman to contact you to promote our products and services via email, you can opt-out by clicking here.
Weatherman is committed to protecting its users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique password that would be difficult for someone to guess (for example, do not use your name). While we take precautions to protect your data, no security measures are completely secure so we cannot guarantee the security of user information.
Weatherman’s Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under any applicable age limits. If you are under the age limit, do not use our Services and do not provide your personal information. If you are a parent of a child under the age limit and learn that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us
Privacy Compliance Officer
109 S 5th St
Brooklyn, NY 11249
Last Updated: March 29, 2017