Unmatched Quality. Smart Technology. Meteorologist-led Design. The Only Umbrella You'll Ever Need.
NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 30 million umbrellas are sold each year in the U.S., yet no single umbrella is universally synonymous with quality in the minds of customers. Until now. Weatherman™ changes everything when it launches today.
When one of the nation's most trusted meteorologists, Rick Reichmuth, was unable to find an umbrella that met his standards, he set out to design his own—and Weatherman™ was born.
"I looked everywhere for a solid umbrella that would last. And I came up short every single time. I realized, I know what a good umbrella SHOULD be, so I could just make one. That's how it all started. My guarantee: Weatherman won't make anything short of an amazing umbrella."
- Founder Rick Reichmuth
Weatherman™ is the only umbrella on the market to blend unmatched quality with smart technology and ingenious, meteorologist-led design. The Weatherman™ app pairs with the Pebblebee® Bluetooth tracker to detect the forecast, then gives you alerts when you need to take your umbrella along. The tracker also ensures you always know where to find your umbrella when you need it. You'll never lose your Weatherman™.
Features that set Weatherman™ apart:
- Unmatched Quality: Industrial-strength 14MM gauge fiberglass ribs and shaft prevent breaking and inverting. Built to last for every kind of rain there is—showers, gusts, storms, and everything in between. Lightweight, yet sturdy.
- Meteorologist Perfected: Rick Reichmuth has spent the past 16 years as a meteorologist for top national news networks forecasting severe weather events—from hurricanes to tornadoes, wildfires and blizzards.
- Smart Technology: Embedded tracker chip powered by Pebblebee® utilizes the latest Bluetooth 4.1 technology for your iOS devices to locate your umbrella and ensure it's never lost or left behind.
- Always Knows the Forecast: Weatherman™ connects to an exclusive weather app for your iPhone or iPad that issues real-time weather alerts and custom notifications, while also providing essential hourly and extended weather forecasts.
- Wind Tunnel Tested: Weatherman™ is wind resistant up 55 MPH.
- Repels Water & Fast Drying: Fabric with Teflon™ technology delivers the highest water repellency possible.
- Ergonomic, Quick Release Handles: Custom-designed handle is comfortable for all hand shapes and sizes.
- Reflective Edge for Safety: Extra protection against low-visibility weather conditions.
- Lifetime Guarantee: Weatherman™ stands behind its products with superior customer service and a lifetime guarantee.
The Weatherman™ Collapsible Umbrella ($59) and Stick Umbrella ($65) are available now at weathermanumbrella.com.
For more information, please contact Annie Scranton at email@example.com
Weatherman™ represents the convergence of technology, engineering and state-of-the-art design. The result? The best umbrella ever created. Weatherman™ was conceived by nationally recognized meteorologist Rick Reichmuth. After years in the field covering severe weather events, Rick couldn't find an umbrella that met his standards. Leveraging his meteorology expertise, Weatherman™ was born. For more information, please visit weathermanumbrella.com and follow @weathermanumbrella on Instagram.
ABOUT RICK REICHMUTH
Rick is an AMS Seal-Certified meteorologist with more than 16 years of forecasting expertise and experience reporting during severe weather events—from hurricanes to tornadoes, wildfires and blizzards. After nearly a decade in banking, Rick decided to make a change and pursue a lifelong dream of becoming a meteorologist. He completed the Broadcast Meteorology Program at Mississippi State University and is a member of the American Meteorological Society and the National Weather Association.