Weatherman umbrellas is seeking a digital marketing student intern for Fall 2019. This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic-minded and socially savvy individual who wants to work as part of a skilled team to gain valuable experience in the retail startup world.
The marketing intern will assist in the execution of marketing campaigns from ideation to rollout, including content production, communications planning and pre and post-purchase customer support. They will assist in developing and setting the marketing strategy for Weatherman as well as custom partners and capsule collections. They will partner with the creative team and external agencies to make content (images and video) to be featured on our website, Weatherman social channels, paid advertising, emails, and other marketing collateral. There will be opportunities to support and contribute to other initiatives for our company including partnerships, licensing, corporate relationships, customer service, and PR.
● Basic knowledge of various consumer segments, e-commerce, and marketing mix
● Thorough understanding of social media platforms, best practices, and content
● Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills
● Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects)
● Proficient in digital and print design
● Someone who is up-to-date on current design styles and emerging media
● Being able to handle multiple projects
● Strong communication skills (don't be afraid to speak up and offer suggestions about your projects!)
● Being able to think outside the box
● Ideal for students studying marketing, business, entrepreneurism, and/or
communications and media
● Internship will be the duration of the Fall Semester (about 70+ hours) and student will be eligible for course credit AND $800
● Role is a split between in office (Brooklyn, NY) and remote
Email email@example.com to apply.
Who We Are:
When one of the nation's most trusted meteorologists, Rick Reichmuth, was unable to find an umbrella that met his standards, he set out to design his own—and Weatherman was born.
Weatherman is the only umbrella on the market to blend unmatched quality with smart technology and ingenious design. The Weatherman app pairs with the Droplet Bluetooth tracker to detect the forecast, then reminds you when you need to take your umbrella along.
The tracker also ensures you always know where to find your umbrella and alerts you when you may have left it behind.
Recognized by The Today Show, Fox News, Sports Illustrated, Lonely Planet and Forbes, among others, Weatherman was named Best Umbrella in Golf Digest’s Editors’ Choice Awards in 2018 and 2019, and proudly serves as the Official Umbrella of the LPGA Tour, as well as the umbrella supplier of the U.S. Ryder Cup team.