Weatherman is seeking a digital marketing college intern for Fall 2019. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative-minded and socially savvy individual who wants to work as part of a skilled team to gain valuable experience in the retail startup world.
The marketing intern will assist in the execution of marketing campaigns, specifically in creating marketing content, graphic design, and art direction. They will be able to use existing images and videos, and/or shoot their own, to make strategic and relevant video content and images which may be used on the Weatherman website, social channels, paid advertising, search content, emails, and other marketing collateral. Since this is a startup, this is a special opportunity to gain exposure to and be able to contribute to other initiatives for our company including events, partnerships, packaging, and more.
(This role would be a dual report into Head of Marketing and Product)
● Thorough understanding of social media platforms, best practices, and content (images and video)
● Capacity to think creatively and contribute new ideas
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills
● Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
● Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Adobe AfterEffects/Premiere, or similar video editing software
● Understanding of User Experience (UX)
● Proficient in digital and print design
● Experience with photography and videography
○ Bonus if you have a camera and can shoot lifestyle and still photography
○ Double bonus if you can make cinemagraphs, stop motion animation, and GIFs
● Someone who is up-to-date on current design styles
● Being able to handle multiple projects
● Strong communication skills (don't be afraid to speak up and offer suggestions about your projects!)
● Being able to think outside the box
● Nice to have:
○ Portfolio submission
○ If you are currently studying Digital Media Arts, Multi-Media Advertising, Communications Design, Graphic Design, and/or Social Media
● Internship will be the duration of the Fall Semester (about 70+ hours) and student will be eligible for course credit AND $800
● Role is a split between in office (Brooklyn, NY) and remote
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Who We Are:
When one of the nation's most trusted meteorologists, Rick Reichmuth, was unable to find an umbrella that met his standards, he set out to design his own—and Weatherman was born.
Weatherman is the only umbrella on the market to blend unmatched quality with smart technology and ingenious design. The Weatherman app pairs with the Droplet Bluetooth tracker to detect the forecast, then reminds you when you need to take your umbrella along. The tracker also ensures you always know where to find your umbrella and alerts you when you may have left it behind.
Recognized by The Today Show, Fox News, Sports Illustrated, Lonely Planet and Forbes, among others, Weatherman was named Best Umbrella in Golf Digest’s Editors’ Choice Awards in 2018 and 2019, and proudly serves as the Official Umbrella of the LPGA Tour, as well as the umbrella supplier of the U.S. Ryder Cup team.